Re: [OM] Converters - The Conclusion for Now

Subject: Re: [OM] Converters - The Conclusion for Now
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 15:56:07 -0700
On 4/9/2018 2:54 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Profiled Moose wrote:
By default, on new Raw files, ACR/LR use a new profile, "Color". The old
profile, "Standard", is still there, if you choose. Chris told you how to
select.
Ah. Makes sense. I know things are different, but didn't have time to
figure out where the stuff went.

It's non-obvious until someone like Chris, or the Adobe "what's new" site I
visited points it out.

Speaking of Moose. I'm sure you caught the news story out of Alaska
where this rocket scientist decided to kick a moose. The moose kicked
back. As a state official said, "If you get into a kicking contest
with a moose, the moose will win."

There seem to be endless YouTube videos of wolf and moose on Isle Royale, but I dozed off wading through them without finding the one I saw on TV many years ago. Shot from a helicopter, we see a pack of wolves attack a bull moose.

The moose backs up against a copse of dense trees, protecting its back. As the wolves try to get at it, it kicks them. BIG weight difference; the better kicks throw the wolves many feet through the air. After several minutes of trying, at least a couple of the wolves are limping and the moose is untouched. The pack slinks off.

This is a danger with deer, too. In Yosemite, and I assume elsewhere, where idiots and deer used to people nearby abound, people get too close, and are injured, sometimes seriously, by kicks.

Getting Kicks Moose