Re: [OM] OT] Anchorage airport

Subject: Re: [OM] OT] Anchorage airport
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:05:16 -0800
My mother-in-law worked in Alaska for years. She was in the maritime industry first in fishing and then cruise ships. This involved lots of flying in and out of little hamlets and onto ships. One time flying up an inlet in deteriorating weather the pilot kept dropping lower to stay below the ceiling. Finally a few miles from town he just put 'er down on the water and navigated using the buoys. One spring she visited us and brought along a friend who was a helicopter pilot who flew her out to fish processors. Later that summer he had just dropped her off and was taking off. He crashed and was killed. Lots more stories. A couple of my neighbors retired here from careers in AK and they have lots of stories too.