Re: [OM] IMGS: Las Familias

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Las Familias
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 00:10:34 -0800
On 1/10/2018 10:46 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
PESO:

Taking a break from over-saturated stock, I put up a gallery of my photos
of Honduran families.  A few years ago, Maggie Steber, photo editor, helped
me edit the photos from over 50,000 to 50.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/las_familias&page=all

Fabulous!!

A few old favorites, and lots of new ones. I've been going through them slowly.
50 seems like a paltry number. :-)

Fortunately, your old gallery is still there to enjoy.

I have, of course, favorites from your other galleries shown here, some much loved*, but as overall bodies of photos, I find the Honduran and Guatemalan series your best work of that I've seen.

Involved Viewer Moose

* The tones, including in the shadows, in "Ugolek Restaurant" knock me out. That alone makes me think the SL must be a great camera. That and the look of "Mystery in Monsaraz" are a couple that stay in my memory. The light in "Selling to the Trans-Mongolian Express" also sticks, along with my desire for it to be slightly lowered in brightness on the bright end of the histogram and left side of the image, so that the color holds down to the end of the cars. But then, I did that for my own enjoyment. :-)