Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer Three

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer Three
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:51:48 -0900
> So ... ignoring the processing/adjustment aspects and focusing only on the
> raw conversion capabilities ... how do you think it measures up to, say,
> DXO or LR conversions ?  I'm not interested in the image processing tools,
> just the conversion (say, to a TIFF.)

This has been in my testing too. I just haven't mentioned it. In a
nutshell, for the E1/E3 files, it is better with colors, but lousy
with highlights. Sharpness is also lacking. However, what I've learned
from the exercise is to now shoot RAW+JPEG and use the JPEGs as color
guides for processing in Lightroom. For portraiture, it does the best,
followed by Capture One. If it wasn't for the highlights, I'd be fine
with it. The other problem I run into is color banding in the E1
files. I suppose it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't nuke my files.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx