Re: [OM] B&W printing

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W printing
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:43:55 -0800
We stayed overnight at the Clyde Holliday State Recreation Site a few miles west of John Day. Beautifully landscaped and kept State park, with nature area and trail still being developed when we were there in 2013. It was a no reservation, first come place, so we got there early afternoon, late July. We got a beautiful corner site, with huge "back yard" of lawn and trees. It was about 105º, so we used the elec. hook-up to run the A/C until the sun went down. It did fill up by late afternoon.

Breakfast in Mt. Vernon was fine, but sooo rural small town; they kept looking
at us to check if we had two heads. :-)

The visitors center at John Day Fossil Beds NM was well worth a visit. Carol LOVED it, I liked it - and - great A/C! The Painted Hills are really nice, but oh my, it was HOT!

For a really lovely place to stay in NE Oregon, check out Joseph. Beautiful valley with nice lake and the scenic Wallowa Mtns (still snow capped in Late July) on the south end. Pretty town, nice people, good food, at least one good looking brewery/restaurant we missed visiting, had already eaten when we saw it. We stayed in a motel & RV park just north of town. Got a beautiful site in the back, under trees, along a creek.

Go No, then E, to Lostine, then So. on the Lostine River road for nice scenery, to get deep into the Wallowas and to trailheads for them.

Wanderin' Moose

On 12/9/2017 9:17 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
Mike: We didn't stay in Prairie City.

> BTW I see that you were in Prairie City for the eclipse. Nice! My wife and I
are looking at PC as a place to stay a few