Re: [OM] is redwoods and song!

Subject: Re: [OM] is redwoods and song!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:52:24 -0800
On 12/13/2017 11:05 AM, Nicholas Travers wrote:
I had not seen the other images in the gallery, they were not obvious from
the original link.  That is a wild burl you found looking like an elephant
trunk.

That's not the first thing that came to some people's minds when they saw it. What does the other, much smaller on remind you of? :-)
Gotta find shots of the real monster one in Hendy Redwoods SP.

The redwoods are a challenge I was sad when I went through my images to
only have a handful - so many images that I love but didn't turn out.
- from a few years ago:
https://lifeofstawa.wordpress.com//?s=redwoods&search=Go
- a recent attempt: https://flic.kr/p/P8MZ5C

Those look pretty nice to me. :-)

Thank's for the info on Song village, I think I have heard of it.

Song Village was inspired by visits to Singing Alive camps in Oregon (& Wash?) It's has less primitive conditions and organization than those and Hawaii. There are it's camping or truck campers or small RVs (us) in the woods, but there are a couple of wash houses with flush toilets, hot showers, etc. and an under roof eating area with real, commercial style kitchen.

Food is included and was good the first year, excellent the second. Helping in the kitchen is one of the options for the required volunteer work, but by the second year, it was just the simple prep and cleaning, with "real" cooks making the food. (Hey, I did a good job with those big blobs of ground turkey for tacos for the first lunch of the first year! I found onions and a bit of spice and how to operate that huge griddle.)

Meat and veggie options. No pot luck, hope someone else brought some good stuff.

I would like to get out to Singing Alive in Appalachia one of these coming
years.

Looks appealing in some respects. I see at least a couple of the same leaders.

Aria Moose