Re: [OM] OT: Static IP

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Static IP
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:23:09 +0100
Thanks for your thoughts, Jan.

I had a static IP for several years when it came free with the ISP.  I then
switched to BT for my ISP and had a dynamic IP, but it seemed to take longer to
start any web connection, something that I put down to the  system needing
start the IP system (or something like that).

So, when I moved to a new ISP, a Co-operative which is £20 a month cheaper than
BT, and found that it would let me have a static IP for 50p a month I thought
I’d try it.  It works fine so far, now that I’ve set up my gateway properly.

Chris