[OM] IMG: Aarhus, my hometown, spruced up

Subject: [OM] IMG: Aarhus, my hometown, spruced up
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:11:57 +0200
As you know, I spent the last few days of August in Aarhus, my hometown in
Denmark. Besides they cycling photos that I already posted, I spent a lot of
time just walking around and enjoying the city, alone or with my friend Lars.

One nice thing about visiting Aarhus in late August is Aarhus Festuge, or
Aarhus Festival Week. As the name implies, it is week-long event that includes
all kinds of installations, exhibitions, performances etc. There is something
for everyone, children, adults, high-brow, low-brow. And since this year Aarhus
is the European Capital of Culture, the festival was even bigger and better
than usual.

Something else I did this time is to try to document shops and other places
that I remember from my childhood and adolescence. Aarhus is a very dynamic
city, growing and changing—most of the time for the better, but sometimes not.

So, a gallery of images showing various aspects of my town—even though I have
not lived in Aarhus since 1983, it is still very much the place where I feel at
home:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/aarhus_aug2017/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman