Re: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US

Subject: Re: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 21:36:20 -0700
On 8/14/2017 7:30 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:

Whatcha going to be doing next Monday, folks?
Staying home. The "town" (little cluster of buildings) in E OR we were planing to stay at is expecting 20,000 people! Oregon is expecting close to 1M people. It's going to be a cluster f@ck. There are also fires burning and visibility may be an issue. With that many people they'll probably burn the place down.

I saw the 1979 total eclipse in the Columbia gorge and an annular eclipse in 2012 in Alturas. Wish it wasn't such a crazy scene and an 8hr drive.

Oh thank you! As you know, I was thinking E. Oregon, too, but was afraid it might turn into a mob scene. Fires too, more justification for skipping it! :-) A lot more than 8 hours from here, too.

Funny, I've driven for over an hour without seeing another car out in that
country, so it's hard to imagine it crowded.

Sun Shine Moose