Re: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US

Subject: Re: [OM] Upcoming total solar eclipse in US
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 19:30:28 -0700
Or just say screw it and simply stand back and be awed by something I'll never
see again?

This, without a doubt! Don't waste the couple of minutes farting around with photo gear. Eclipse photos will be a dime a dozen afterwards. The partial part is mostly a big yawn and plenty common. Sometimes partials happen and people don't even notice. BTW 99.9% doesn't make it. Tina you are so close to the path if the weather looks good head over toward Greenville. It's so close and will make all the difference.

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/mapping-the-2017-eclipse/>

Whatcha going to be doing next Monday, folks?
Staying home. The "town" (little cluster of buildings) in E OR we were planing to stay at is expecting 20,000 people! Oregon is expecting close to 1M people. It's going to be a cluster f@ck. There are also fires burning and visibility may be an issue. With that many people they'll probably burn the place down.

I saw the 1979 total eclipse in the Columbia gorge and an annular eclipse in 2012 in Alturas. Wish it wasn't such a crazy scene and an 8hr drive.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/eclipse.jpg> OM1, 135/3,5