Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 104, Issue 27

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 104, Issue 27
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:35:40 -0700
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 at 16:12, Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm scanning some slides from 2000 made on Fuji RMS which is a slide film
>> that is made to be pushed.  It's giving me fits to try and scan.

> From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Tina, are you scanning this on a Nikon scanner, by any chance? The
> highlight smearing is very familiar to me from scanning contrasty
> Kodachrome slides! My suggestions would be 1) to have scanner mirror
> cleaned, and 2) to use a different scanner!

Tina, have you considered a slide copier on a digicam?

From what I’ve read, the results should be similar to a scan, in some cases
exceeding it.

I’ve tried just a few, using a Nikon bellows, adapted to micro four thirds on
one end, and Olympus OM on the other, using an Olympus OM 80/4 macro lens and
the Nikon slide copier, and am very happy with the result. I’m using a FL-50
flash and manual colour balance.