Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 104, Issue 27

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 104, Issue 27
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:46:36 +0800
Moose sum up very well on the pros and cons on camera and film scanner. I believe the Nikon flare problem is mainly due to its lens system. I once sent my 4000ED to Nikon for cleaning, they insisted they had cleaned the interior but I found there was zero improvement.

Shallow DOF is a problem for the Nikon on mounted slides but film strip is okay.

Nikon scanner not only emphasizes scratches, it also emphasizes grain. After my Nikon's dead I had scanned more with Epson 4870 and V800. I found I like the results more despite they give softer look (need more sharpening). The major problem with the Epson is D-Max, it don't do well on slides but negatives are okay, fortunately most of the shots I made were on negatives.

C.H.Ling