Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico"

Subject: Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico" @ AGO in Toronto]
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:40:31 -0700
    I believe the theory of the "expanding universe", as well as the "Big
    Bang" is disproved through empirical evidence.

There is certainly evidence that contradicts them, and also that that supports
them. Neither proved nor disproved, I'd say.

    The Big Bang is a theory designed to make us feel good about how everything
had
    a beginning.

Remember, we are only talking about this observable universe. A beginning and end are only comforting thoughts for the religious among us. As far as this universe goes, continuously expanding or expanding and then contracting. Big question. Depends upon the total mass of the universe which is currently an unknown.Scientists aren't "fudging" anything. They are plugging in numbers to see what fits observations. The math is only a tool to help explain data and as a basis to hypothesize and then test. Right now they are looking for evidence of dark matter. However the tools are yet too crude.