Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico"

Subject: Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico" @ AGO in Toronto]
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:19:44 +0200
Thank you, Jan, for articulating what are my thoughts as well, very eloquently.
My only issue is with your statement that the consequences of our inaction on
climate change will be felt only by yet unborn generations. No. They are being
felt already, whether it is drought in Africa leading to massive population
movements, or the increasing frequency of weather events including in places
which did not experience them before, or invasion of southern species into
northern waters that are getting warmer, and so on. The authorities in coastal
cities around the world are spending money on dealing with the rising sea level
TODAY.

So no, we are not talking some distant future. I expect to see much worse in my
lifetime, and I am 56.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman