Re: [OM] OT: Now What??

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Now What??
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 15:46:16 -0500
It was XP and also Win7.  Win10 wasn't affected as much, and if you were
patched fully as of the end of March, that should be secure.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM, SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris I believe it was mainly XP that got affected and they only just
> patched that this week - take care!
>

> On 17.05.17 21:58, Chris Trask wrote:
>
>>       With all this fury over Win10 being hijacked, I thought it would be
>> best to update my antivirus.  Surprise!!  The wifi provider at the coffee
>> shop has seen fit to block the connection for updating Avast antivirus.
>> So, I have no choice for now except to do it at home on dialup, which takes
>> about five hours.
>>
>>       I suspect thst the cable provider for the coffee shop wifi is
>> 19CL.  Only they would do something like this.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>>       - Hunter S. Thompson
>>

> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>
Certified Music Junkie

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"