Re: [OM] OT: The Future of Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: The Future of Computers
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:24:49 +0100
Back in the 1980s when we lived in Calgary, Alberta winter temperatures could dip to close on -40C on a "cold" day [exclusive of any wind chill factor] along with 10% relative humidity or less. One learned very quickly to wear gloves, or shoes with rubber soles, in the house when holding or turning door handles ....... otherwise a static spark could be a real wake up moment !

A friend from South Africa visited one winter. He got the shock of a lifetime with our door handles but was a quicker learner and invested in gloves.

jh