Re: [OM] OT: Losing the War...Maybe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Losing the War...Maybe
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 13:54:59 -0700
On 3/28/2017 9:49 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
What browser is secure? Chrome? Safari? Microsoft¹s browser?
Essentially, "none of the above", if you don't stay constantly current
with every update.

Why would one not stay current? FF tells me when there is an update, I say OK and it updates. IE gets regularly updated by the Windoze Update app.

But Microslush is the one which that meets the requirements of both
government and private sector agencies. Firefox meets some of the
requirements, but only when the screws are turned down so tight that
you can barely function. And there are some kiddy scripts out there
that will actually go and modify your security settings in Firefox,
plant a program, and then return the settings back to normal and you
are none the wiser.

Within most non-personal business uses, there is a huge amount of Java
code that has to be run.

Do you mean Java, or JavaScript? I don't have Java activated in browsers. Nor
Flash.

Just Curious Moose