Re: [OM] OT: Losing the War...Maybe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Losing the War...Maybe
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:33:22 -0500
The more I see of your efforts, the more I suspect that the coffee
shop's WiFi is a poisoned well.

The last time I traveled through airports, I did some "sniffing" of
the WiFi in the Detroit airport, and saw dozens of fake and spoof
hotspots. This didn't include the passive sniffers that were just
vacuuming up the bits flying through the air. In hotels and coffee
shops, I always run a passive sniff of the networks before attempting
to attach to any of them and even at that, it's a huge risk. When I
finish, I ALWAYS tell my devices to "forget network".

Always!!!!

Also, while I know that many of you think that Firefox is the cat's
meow when it comes to browsers and security, it is anything but. Our
IT department just reallowed Firefox to be used again in our network,
but only on a very very short leash.

Did I say "very very short leash"? Make that VERY VERY short leash.

I personally don't trust Firefox. But then, I've been known to lock my
car, even when it is locked up inside the garage.

AG Schnozz