[OM] OT: Losing the War...Maybe

Subject: [OM] OT: Losing the War...Maybe
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:29:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I have been trying to block these intrusions by Google , Amazon, and
others for months, with very little success.  None of the add-ons or extensions
for Firefox have had any effect.  I resorted to using Proxomitron, hosts, and
other methods, but the number of attemped intrusions escalated.  This morning
four new intusion sources appeared.

     I'm monitoring this activity by way of TCPView, which gives me a means for
manually breaking the numerous adverse connections.  You would not believe the
number of connections that are taking place without your knowledge, and the
adverse connections bring dialup connectivity to a crawl, as though it wasn't
slow enough to begin with.

     This morning I came across two applications that sounded promsing:
BeeThink and PeerGuardian.  BeeThink costs $US29.95 after a trial period, and
PeerGuardian is free.  Free is a good price, so I downloaded and installed it.
It has been very busy, and there has not been a single adverse connection.  At
least, not yet, but I'm used to disconnecting adverse connections continuously
throughout the day.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson