[OM] OT: Fun with Win7

Subject: [OM] OT: Fun with Win7
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:13:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     For about a week now I have been trying to gt Win7 to work properly,
taking two laptops with me to the coffee shop.  Something was causing the hard
drive to run continuously whenever I had Firefox of IE running.  Turns out that
it is all sorts of Java Script associated with Google Chrome:

chrome://browser/contents/browser-places.js:1907

chrome://global/content/globalOverlat.js:119

and possibly others.  Consequently, I have no browsing ability with Win7
whatsoever.  I can't even shut the machine off except by holding down the power
button.

     Going though the hard drive and the registry in SAFE MODE, I found that
Google Chrome had been installed without my knowledge, so I deleted all
instances, but the problem persists.  This has made Win7 totally unusable
online.

     According to Mozilla, the "chrome://" is an internal function of Firefox
and has nothing to do with Google.  They have lots of pages on how to diagnose
and fix it.

     This is what I get for using a "modern" computer.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson