Re: [OM] 600/6.5 on OMD [was: 300/5.3 Mirror Lens [was On topic, well, c

Subject: Re: [OM] 600/6.5 on OMD [was: 300/5.3 Mirror Lens [was On topic, well, could be ...]-now vibration
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 21:09:38 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Vibration mitigation is indeed very complex.  One of my favorite articles on
the subject is linked to below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rR2D1zzk8ddzg4TVI3bmJGdFk/edit

The Z. 50-250 is very light for its reach  (and no tripod foot) and still
benefits from  the bean bag trick (learned that from this list of course) even
with EFCS on Canyon eliminating aperture stop down issues that dominates on OM.
Some things have changed with mirrorless/EFCS but other sources of vibration
such as wind remain unchanged.   I would bet the huge lenses depicted with the
RRS gear do benefit from extra support to stiffen the system  given the long
distance between the tripod foot the end of the lens.  RRS claims a 15%
increase in resolution for some lenses with their support kits. I have asked
them to clarify which lenses were measured and details regarding methodology.

Steady as she goes, Mike