Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!

Subject: Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 10:33:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I felt so good after accomplishing this that I'm wiping the LM 17.2 HD in
preparation for a second install of Win7.  Interesting aspect of Linux is that
it has some sort of self-preservation mode wherein you cannot read the HDs
using Windows so you can format them.  But there's a simple fix to that.  I put
the LM17.2 HD back into the laptop and got out a Win98 install CD.  Win98 will
format the HD prior to installing, and it's doing that right now.  Once it's
done I'll just abort the installation and later install Win7.

     I also treated myself to a new 6600maH battery for the one laptop that
won't hold a charge.  It's the one that was given to me years ago that had the
bogus Win7 OS that took me forever to fix.

>Congratulations.  Just watch out for any intruders that sneak in.
>
>>       Now I have all of the essentials I can think of installed.  I
>>just have to arrange the desktop, clean out the bogus registry entries,
>>and see what else needs to be added.
>>
>>       I've accomplished more in four hours with Win7 than I had in
>>four YEARS with Linux.  I'm not going to burn those DVDs initially.
>>I'm going to use them for target practice, then burn what's left.  As
>>the Klingons would say, "It will be glorious".

Chris Trask
N7ZWY / WDX3HLB
Senior Member IEEE
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/