Re: [OM] IMG: Finch Saturday

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Finch Saturday
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 21:42:27 -0800
On 3/4/2017 11:03 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
The wise Moose says I should remove the storm pane,

Misquoted again . . . :-)

What I said, or meant to say, was:

1. No comments, ratings, evaluations of lens quality based on shots through window glass are meaningful. Not that one shouldn't shoot through glass, just that it will be poorer in classic lens measurements than without glass.

2. I really like the 'look' of the images you've been making through this
particular glass.

but the last time I did that, I got a nest of pesky wasps. So, I did the next best thing, washing both sides with Windex.

It seems to me that there are at least four reasons why shooting through glass gives results that differ from shooting without it, ranging from bad to wonderful. Consider that the filters we mount in front of our lenses are also glass. They work well because they address all these problems.

Of those reasons, I suspect that modest dirt on the glass is the least
important.

Reflective Moose