Re: [OM] IMG: Finch Saturday

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Finch Saturday
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 22:29:05 -0800
On 3/4/2017 10:07 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
You are correct, I misquoted you.

No harm, no foul. :-D

The clean glass, and yes, there was a lot of dirt on the outside, and the lace curtain make a fairly effective blind. But, if they detect even a hint of motion from me, they're gone. I have also determined that 11:00 to noon is the period with the proper light. And I've learned to focus on the most likely spot that the bird will be, in the proper light. After that, it is pure luck!

I don't know how the WiFi remote control on Fujis works. If it's anything like as good as Oly, Panny and Sony, I would set up, focus and sit back where they can't see me, viewing on my iPad Mini (your iPhone 6 should work great, too) and press the button at likely times. The big question is probably shutter lag, how much, and how easy to anticipate. Time to try bursts?

During a later period when I had the camera removed from the tripod, I observed a dove and a squirrel in the bird bath. I missed those shots.

I also shot a few frames through the windshield this evening, during traffic
delays.

Thanks for your comments and advice.

It's kinda fun, you know. :-)

I did my usual Saturday backup of my C-drive today, and noted the size of the backup has increased about 7% since I started adding these larger files to my Lightroom library. (My RAW files from the camera are on a different drive.) So I reset the camera to record Lossless Compression RAW files. What do you use?

Whatever Oly does. There's no choice, but I believe it always uses lossless
compression of Raw files.

Remote Control Moose