Re: [OM] (OM - OT) DOD to open military exchanges tp online shopping for

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM - OT) DOD to open military exchanges tp online shopping for veterans.
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:53:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Back in 1977 I was on a train from Paris to Frankfurt, and this drunken
German fellow got on and entered the compartment that we shared with two French
women.  He tried speaking with them, but they turned away.  Then he looked at
me and asked if I was Russian.  No, I said in what little German I knew, I'm
American.  Then he asked if I spoke English.  Ser kleinst.

     Despite his inebriated state, he pulled out a harmonica and started
playing, sounding like a 3-piece band.  After a comical episode where he tried
to find his ticket at the request of the conductor, the conductor asked me to
make certain that he got off at the next stop.  Last I saw of him he was
stumbling down a staircase.

     I made a remark to the two French women, and then realised from their
reaction that I had mistakenly made a faux pas as we had not been properly
introduced.  I wonder if proper manners such as that are still practised?