Re: [OM] OT: Linux Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Linux Stuff
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:47:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>A simple reboot might solve this for you, or while the system is live
>(from a forum post
>https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=92488 ):
>
> sudo service network-manager stop
> sudo rm /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state
> sudo service network-manager start
>
>I'm not sure if the middle one is required - as I would have expected
>any state files to be deleted at stop (and the command will throw an
>error) - but then again, given the way some of this stuff is written,
>it might be critical to success!.

     I performed this, and the network manager at first was not even running.
Rebooting afterwards showed that this did not change the situation.

     I downloaded the modem driver from Conexant and later onI'll see if
installing it makes a difference.  Seems that a lot of people were having a
problem with this, and that makes me think the there was something faulty in
the Linux Mint 14 distribution.

     If all else fails I can download the Linux Mint 17.2 and install it on the
#3 machine since it works on the #4 machine and they are virtually identical.