Re: [OM] OT: Linux Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Linux Stuff
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:46:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Aha!  I noticed a word written at the top of my first page of notes and
realised that it was a clue for the password.  That one is solved.

     I found that TERMINAL was the routine that is similar to DOS shell.

     So, I used your suggestion to edit the configuration file, and it worked
fine except that I still have no network configuration.  I'm wondering if I
should assume that specific drivers are needed and use the driver CD for this
laptop.  I'll try that later.

     So, I got out laptop #4 and fired it up.  It has connectivity to the
wireless adapter, so I'll take it to the coffee shop tomorrow and bring it up
to snuff with antivirus and antimalware, plus update the browser.  That will
suffice for now.