Re: [OM] An exercise in images

Subject: Re: [OM] An exercise in images
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 07:54:56 -0600
Nice images, and great use of your imagination.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 2/7/2017 12:38 AM, Moose wrote:
Now that I've done the conundra, I can show the rest.

Carol is going to physical therapy twice a week. I get her inside, then have about an hour to myself. It's in a small upscale retail area called Montclair Village in the Montclair section of Oakland. It didn't take very long for me to check out the whole place, including a small park.

So on nice days, I usually found myself sitting on a nice bench in the passageway/courtyard that leads past a Thai restaurant to the PT place.

So I started an exercise of finding interesting subjects, or at least subjects that could yield interesting images, within that small village, and mostly in the courtyard. It's really quite fascinating, trying to see something different than the obvious that I've already shot.

Today, it was rainy, and I am fortunate that the restaurant has a small bar, where I can happily nurse a beer through an hour while reading and occasionally chatting to the folks behind the bar. It's a quiet time of the afternoon, so I usually have the bar to myself.

Today, I decided to extend the project inside, yielding a couple of images I like.

Light. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/Montclair%20Village&image=_1000808cr.jpg>

Shadow <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/Montclair%20Village&image=_1000814corcr.jpg>

As we walked out, it had almost stopped raining, and I saw astill life. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/Montclair%20Village&image=_1000816croofm.jpg>

The whole gallery is here. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/Montclair%20Village>

The lights on a string soft images are their reflections in puddles on the stools.When the sun is shining, it's often quite warm, with a nice bench for basking.

It's hard to do anything new with Canada Geese; handsome birds, but so familiar and so often photographed. I think I've done a decent job with the almost abstract close shot and I like the eye keeping tabs on me as I shot one from behind.

Enjoy,
   Moose