Re: [OM] New Laptop needs migration help

Subject: Re: [OM] New Laptop needs migration help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:50:20 -0800
On 12/27/2016 9:05 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
This is probably for Dr. Moose,

Not me, dood.

As computers get used, they accrete 'stuff'. You could argue that it can all be cleaned up, but I'm not convinced anything but starting over will really do it.

As others have pointed out, there are driver issues. I cloned a HD to an SSD, in the same computer, and still had odd problems until I discovered an additional driver was needed. Hours wasted

So, I hate it, but I bite the bullet, and newly install everything on the new box. Or, in your case, restore to new state and start from scratch.

I do keep a directory of all the latest install packages downloaded and one of
install/registration codes.

Scratch Moose