Re: [OM] IMGS: SL Summilux

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: SL Summilux
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 19:20:15 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
  <<  Curiously the Leica uses  metadata software correction to eliminate some
barrel
  <<  distortion.

It might be  a Lady but it will eat your wallet Moose replies:
That boggles my mind. I can't see any reason, with that many and that fancy
elements, not to get the linearity right. Unless, of course, it's some tiny
amount that no one would have noticed before we got all this super test gear
and software.

The barrel distortion is quite  readily visible in a Moose-like rollover in
this review:

http://www.jupitersnake.com/review/50-summilux-sl-f1-4-review-first-look/

They chose this path for a  a good reason that remains mysterious.

I'll choose the 3rd door, Mike