[OM] Interesting/Odd new macro lens.

Subject: [OM] Interesting/Odd new macro lens.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 20:47:46 -0800
A new super macro lens rears its strange head. <http://www.popphoto.com/zhongyi-optics-introduces-compact-20mm-f-2-super-macro-lens-for-199?cmpid=enews122216&spPodID=020&spMailingID=27404328&spUserID=ODY3MDY3MzQ5NjYS1&spJobID=944579577&spReportId=OTQ0NTc5NTc3S0>

With fixed focal distance and what must be a tiny range of adjustment, you stick in on the camera, get in to ~4x-ish focus distance and make fine focus adjustment that may vary between 4 and 4.5x.

Pretty darn limiting. Recalling all Dean's praise, I took a look at the OM 38/2.8 bellows lens. Hmmm, continuous coverage from roughly half to twice the magnification range of this thing, for less than twice the cost. (OK, I admit that cost leaves out the tube and bellows I already have.)

Heck, I could even fire up the ring flash and/or twin macro flash for the first
time this century.

Look Closely Moose