Re: [OM] IMG: Utensils Reshoot

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Utensils Reshoot
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 20:17:35 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
The Schnozz opines:

<<However, if I were to experience a catastrophic loss and needed to
<<start over from ground-zero, I doubt that I would have any legacy
<<system items, but would go entirely with single-vendor, new system (or
<<new/used but current). But finding lenses that produce certain "looks"
<<would not be possible in most cases. I would have to accept the new
<<aesthetic and pretend that the other doesn't exist.

Nah, not sure I believe that.  I am sure a few Zuikos would turn up in your
bag.  I know a few would  in mine as well as big foot and his longer brother.
His tiny longer brother is a gem.

https://blog.mingthein.com/2015/03/06/review-of-a-rare-bird-the-voigtlander-1804-apo-lanthar/

Have it in OM mount and it goes to 1:4 natively.  Does great on extension and
fits in your pocket. I am not sure  as to the hood MT refers.  The round hood
of the CV90 is the designated hood for the CV180.  The CV125 has a rectangular
hood--perhaps there
is another that I have never seen even on Steven Gandy's site.  Did I mention
the CV  180 apo lanthar is tiny?  (FF standards)  No aspheric elements and
excellent  bokeh under many conditions.

I agree Jim's re-shot still life is excellent and the combo of that legacy
lens and body very harmonious.

I hope it never happens but I don't buy it, Mike