[OM] 6D and 28/2

Subject: [OM] 6D and 28/2
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:40:17 -0500
Just a little observationalism on the Canon 6D and 28/2 combination.

For landscape photographs, the 28/2 is heavy on vignetting and as a
bit of distortion that does go away once stopped down, but it seems
rather apparent that F2 lenses and the 6D sensor stack just isn't
cutting it down at the pixel level.

However, that's only one application. For event, party or street
shooting, the 28/2 really comes into its own. It is just a
well-balanced lens. I've always been more of a 35mm focal length fan,
the 28/2 gives a touch more breadth which allows for cropping and that
F2 setting for bringing in an artistic flavor. The 28mm focal length
remains just a bit neo-fish/fowlish, but it definitely played well for
what I needed it for at this past weekend's event.

Next time, I will try the 35/2.8, but it's nice to see how well the
28/2 plays in the modern age.

On a side-ish note, the 28/2, when combined with B&W film on an OM
Body is "mega". (to quote Schmee150).

AG Schnozz

--
Ken Norton