[OM] Weddings Rn't Us

Subject: [OM] Weddings Rn't Us
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:33:59 -0500
I'm kinda getting close to the point of making a decision. One that
I've got mixed feelings about. At this moment, I have no scheduled
weddings to photograph. I have done a bunch over the past two years
and the 6D would make my life a whole lot easier. The 6D addresses so
many of my issues that it's almost silly.

Yet, here is the rub. While I enjoy shooting the weddings, I've
developed a massive dislike of the back-office. I just don't want to
mess with it any more. From a financial perspective, as things stand
right now, I don't need to shoot weddings. While the money is nice,
money isn't everything. The back-office, using Lightroom as the
software engine, is awesome and great and all that. It is a
significant game-changer. But I'm just tired of doing it.

I've lost interest.

It's weird. I can think of only a couple of times in my life where
I've voted something off my island. I don't take it lightly. But I'm
getting close to making the decision and saying "no more, I'm done".
Maybe it's the turning 50 thing that has gotten to me. Maybe it's the
empty-nest syndrome. Maybe it's the 50-60 hour work-weeks I put in for
my day-job. Maybe it's hormones. I don't know.

If I do say "no more", how firm do I get with it? There is always
going to be someone who wants a simple package deal that is
low-impact. Those are easy-dos, but is that being wishy-washy and
being a sell-out?

AG Schnozz