Re: [OM] Weddings Rn't Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings Rn't Us
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:49:07 -0400
What Ted Grant did when he reached the same conclusion was to continue to
do the part he liked - the actual photography - and turn everything else
over to somebody else.  Back in the days of film, he would take the rolls
of film shot that day and hand them to the bride and groom.  All processing
and editing was up to them.  Ted kept raising his prices and still kept
getting more weddings to shoot!

Hope you can do the same and farm out all of the processing - there are
plenty of outlets in India who are ready, willing, and able to do all of
the processing.

Good luck!  Life is too short to hate what you are doing!

Tina

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm kinda getting close to the point of making a decision. One that
> I've got mixed feelings about. At this moment, I have no scheduled
> weddings to photograph. I have done a bunch over the past two years
> and the 6D would make my life a whole lot easier. The 6D addresses so
> many of my issues that it's almost silly.
>
> Yet, here is the rub. While I enjoy shooting the weddings, I've
> developed a massive dislike of the back-office. I just don't want to
> mess with it any more. From a financial perspective, as things stand
> right now, I don't need to shoot weddings. While the money is nice,
> money isn't everything. The back-office, using Lightroom as the
> software engine, is awesome and great and all that. It is a
> significant game-changer. But I'm just tired of doing it.
>
> I've lost interest.
>
> It's weird. I can think of only a couple of times in my life where
> I've voted something off my island. I don't take it lightly. But I'm
> getting close to making the decision and saying "no more, I'm done".
> Maybe it's the turning 50 thing that has gotten to me. Maybe it's the
> empty-nest syndrome. Maybe it's the 50-60 hour work-weeks I put in for
> my day-job. Maybe it's hormones. I don't know.
>
> If I do say "no more", how firm do I get with it? There is always
> going to be someone who wants a simple package deal that is
> low-impact. Those are easy-dos, but is that being wishy-washy and
> being a sell-out?
>
> AG Schnozz
> --

Tina Manley