Re: [OM] One year after a fire

Subject: Re: [OM] One year after a fire
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 16:26:43 -0500
I too noticed the seemingly close spaced studs, but I think it could easily be just the photo.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Lazzari
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 3:05 PM
To: 1

Looking good Brian!

Two by six studs outside walls are common where more insulation is desirable

It is the minimum here for R21. A few houses go thicker to accommodate
higher R value or add rigid insulation or sprayed-in. And that looks
like engineered wood? Is it sized to metric? Also notice more use of
framing members than we do. The reason being that wood has a lower R
value so transmits more heat. Less is more efficient both in material
and future heating cost. Are you going to use vertical siding?