[OM] E-M5ll Repair.

Subject: [OM] E-M5ll Repair.
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 11:08:10 +0000 (UTC)
Update on my sick OM E-M5ll. I have just spoken to Olympus UK. After discussing
the issue it seems likely that a wire to the display screen has sheared. The
clue being that the screen rotates completely around it's pivot and does not
come to a hard stop. According to to the techie this has become a common
issue!! However due to the fact that it was sourced in Hong Kong the Guarantee
is void - even though this camera is less than 6 months old with less than
2,000 shutter actuations. I have used the tilt and swivel feature on the
display perhaps a dozen times , and have NEVER forced it. I am very sensitive
to mechanical issues.Camera Must be sent to Nottingham. They will then send it
to the European service centre in Portugal. Crossing fingers that the repair is
not extortionate. Estimated time for repair.....2 to 3 wks door to door.
As regards the possibility of a claim via credit card "fitness of goods" this
is a non starter. When I tried to pay via credit card the transaction was
declined....message stated " Please use PayPal, you have more protection."
PayPal takes the money straight from my current account! Bugger!!PayPal,
amongst it's mass of conditions explicitly states that it cannon be used for
warranty issues! Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK