Re: [OM] York, SC

Subject: Re: [OM] York, SC
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 10:20:10 -0500
> These folks likely didn't get that way from eating funnel cakes.  Not that
> funnel cakes couldn't do that to you but they're generally only served at
> special events like fairs, carnivals, circuses, etc.  They probably only
> have an opportunity to have a funnel cake 2-3 times/year if that.

Agreed. Those physiques take years to develop, eating lots of fried
and pre-prepared "heat-and-serve" foods.

Personally, I'm a fan of Elephant Ears with honey on top. I've had
funnel cakes three times in my life and felt like semi-digested dog
food afterwords.

Deep-fried battered brats with fried onions? Oh, yes! Bring it on.

Best fair-food I've ever had was in The Netherlands, though. Go
figure. There was this guy grilling burgs, brats and onions and had a
line that stretched a couple hundred people long. I waited at least an
hour in line for I had no idea what, but figured it had to be good. I
was not disappointed. It's been a few years, so I don't remember the
details, but I was told that this guy was legendary there and well
worth the wait. He had a pile of cooking onions on the grill that
looked like a small mountain. The smell wafted over the entire city
center and dragged people in like zombies to brains.

AG