Re: [OM] And Now for Something . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] And Now for Something . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:57:59 -0700
On 8/11/2016 5:17 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
REALLY BAD BANDING!

Now is that polite? Even when I think it, I almost never post "REALLY BAD
NOISE/GRAIN" about any of your grainy images.

I THOUGHT it about the OoF background area of your Hosta image. But I know you like grain, even add it sometimes, so I take the images as they are, and only comment on other aspects.

I hope you didn't really think I didn't know about the banding? That I couldn't do something about it if I wanted to? Nah, just having fun with me. . .

Did I add banding, no. It happened when I was trying something, and I liked it. It adds some interesting, to me, texture, as though printed on an odd art paper. I can just see them framed on a wall.

I'm sort of glad I underexposed them. Otherwise, I'd likely have just looked, and moved on. The sky really was almost without variation in light, very bland.

Marine Layer Moose