[OM] Canon 6D manual focusing accuracy

Subject: [OM] Canon 6D manual focusing accuracy
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:48:35 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I am almost ready to retract 65% of my statement of F4.  I see posts that some
claim  the  stock 6D  focusing screen is a tad better than the 5DII.  I see
some mention of Chuck Westfall
that  manual focusing using the screen alone at f2.8  is possible
too--especially with well performing mid tele with good MTF at that aperture.
Using a micro-adjusted chipped adapter is another story--suspect good focus at
F2 could be very consistent.
I have never read  at what apertures the 2 series screens have a problem but I
don't think the 2-13 is bad at f1.4 from what I can tell--it also has the split
screen/microprism though.   Is that what you think?   Chris C's solution does
work, but the metering gets  a tad fouled up.
There is no free lunch.
The more precise Canyon screen at least is a menu option and the metering is
OK--but no microprism of course.

Mike