Re: [OM] When you can't wait for the adapter to arrive

Subject: Re: [OM] When you can't wait for the adapter to arrive
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 19:07:40 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG writes:
<<Chipped Fotodiox adapter has arrived. Got it programmed. However, I
<<had to uninstall Magic Lantern in order to do it. Wasn't happy.

That is odd and disappointing about ML.  I used to keep track and search the ML
forum and would probably have noticed a post like that.  Might be worth a post
on that forum to see what is up.  I can't image the hackers would like a
chipped adapter not working. The dandelion chip seems very similar to the emf
chip.
I haven't checked the stable builds of ML in awhile but previously had to use
the bleeding edge nightly builds to get Raw histo and raw zebra modes.  Video
stuff is very cool as well.  Caveat---the boot flags on the cam are tough to
remove and
can slow down booting--if use a nightly build.  Perhaps they fixed that with an
update stable version but need to install  that version (more  user friendly
for mere mortals) and allows one to remove the boot flags from the cam.  The
software is sticker than CHDK.
Try shooting some Raw video--great DR but will make most systems crawl and
consume GB's like  beer geeks consume free mini pretzels in a  microbrewery
taproom.

Munching Mike