Re: [OM] When you can't wait for the adapter to arrive

Subject: Re: [OM] When you can't wait for the adapter to arrive
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 21:22:53 -0700
On 8/8/2016 8:35 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I tried one of those on an E-510 some years ago, and gave up on it.  I'll be
looking forward to your comments.

Chipped adapters do work, and work well, on Canon EOS bodies. It's what might be called
"old tech" by now.

They give focus confirmation, provide info to the camera to end up in EXIF and can be programmed to correct front or back focus. Been years since I used one, so they may do more by now?

Used to be a pain to program, though, and AG's comment suggests this hasn't changed. They were so cheap, and such a pain in the neck to program, that many folks would program one for each regularly used lens, and just leave it on the lens.

Munk Moose