Re: [OM] IMGs: A Very Unusual Bicycle

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: A Very Unusual Bicycle
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:19:22 -0500
>      Yep, and they're pretty expensive if you can find one.  There have been
> other automatic shifters, mostly centrifugal internal hub types and at least
> one electric one.

I've seen the internal hub type before, but never one like this. I
can't imagine that I would want to add spinning weight to the wheel
like that. The faster you go, the farther the weights extend, and as
they extend, they move farther away from the axle. The farther from
the axle, the slower the wheel will want to spin.

Next bike will be all-electric, I think. Enough with the cables.

AG