Re: [OM] [OT] Toyo 45G convert to 810G

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Toyo 45G convert to 810G
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:19:53 +0000
Hi Michael -

I am sure the conversion kits are not easy to find, most of them (from various
brands) were not that common. Given the rarity it’s probably easier to just buy
a complete 8x10 if you really want to go down that road. (or, build one
yourself - should be doable, depending on what you want out of it.)

I’d not worry about having too many cameras yet.  I have at least 17 4x5s I
think (a few more than I need, admittedly), though no 8x10s.  The reason for
having so many is all the variety and specialty usage available. Stuff like
Reflex cameras, TLR, dedicated wide-angle versions, monorail, field
camera/press cameras, etc.  I have yet to find one perfect 4x5 for all possible
uses, thus specialized ones for different tasks makes more sense.

-Ed