Re: [OM] IMG: Two Butterflies

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two Butterflies
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 16:48:50 +0000 (UTC)
I just bought a 600R, but still use the 540s some....& the 36R.

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 16:40:47 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] IMG: Two Butterflies

Here's some info on flash unit trigger voltages and some limited info on camera
maximums. <http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html>

There seems to be a lot of confusion on Canon EOS maximums, possibly due to the
unreasonably low 6 volt limit in the first Canon DSLR the 10D. But from the 20D
onward the sync voltage is 250 volts. My Minolta A1 was amazing as it supported
up to 400 volts.

Rumor has it that the OM-D cameras are 24 volts (supposedly ISO standard) which
is good enough to support a T-32 at 12 volts. Interestingly the document above
says Fujis are also good to 400 volts like the little Minolta.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/14/2016 10:02 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:> My old Braun flash unit has a high
trigger voltage, and I have never> felt the need to buy a modern unit. Besides,
at the distances I> usually shoot, most flash units would cook the insect.--