Re: [OM] Fourth of July "Hillary For Prison" Protester

Subject: Re: [OM] Fourth of July "Hillary For Prison" Protester
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 12:25:41 -0500
Just go ahead and wear them. Tell him that SAS made an exception, and shipped them to you. :-) He doesn't need to know they were shipped via eBay.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/13/2016 12:18 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
For some unknown reason my original posting of this didn't arrive at
the list, so here goes again ....

Where I live in this little village,
there isn't a decent shoe shop within 4 hours' drive ( except maybe
Queenstown, the tourist mecca, which I shun like the plague).

Picking
up on a purchase of my most wealthy brother who was in the USA quite
some few months ago and came back sporting a pair of really nice-looking
shoes, I went looking on-line.

His shoes were SAS shoes, made by San
Antonio Shoes, and they won't ship overseas, he said. Of course not,
Ian.

So I made several ( = Many) prowls around eBay with the result
that I now have two VERY comfortable pairs of SAS shoes. I have figured
out how to select a shoe shape which works for me (otherwise I'd never
buy untested). The design isn't as snazzy as his pair is, but I do not
care. One pair was practically new, the other about 1/4 worn. They have
a wide range of fittings for every style.

I think it is fair to say
they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

Next question -
do I dare show up at his place wearing these? He's in Italy now.
Representing NZ at Clay Bird shooting. Possibly not !

Cheers, Brian