Re: [OM] posting about tyres

Subject: Re: [OM] posting about tyres
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 13:22:28 -0700
On 7/9/2016 1:06 PM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
I've replaced a couple on both of our cars recently. One's a Land Rover
that takes mud-and-snow Googyear tyres, the other's a TT which takes low
profile hi-speed Pirelli tyres. In both cases I found the best on line deal
I could (including blackcircles.com who operate as described by Moose). I
showed my local husband-and-wife mechanic business and asked how close they
could get to the price. They got within £5 (just under £100 all-in) so of
course they got the job.

I tried that on our closest local shop, where I bought the tires for Carol's car recently. I would have gone for it at more than your differential. Not in the least bit interested. Seems they are making their money as the tire shop for two local Toyota dealers. But calls to a couple of other shops didn't get anywhere, either.

No Deal Moose