Re: [OM] OT: BREXIT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: BREXIT
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:19:12 -0300
Ian ..... left unsaid so far on this forum has been any expression of potential future events should the UK have voted to have remained in the EU. For instance, is a not a long shot at all to surmise that within the next ten years the following would have occurred or be in active process of completion:

1 Abandonment of the Pound and adoption of the Euro with little say by the UK
2 Banking union
3 Integration of the UK taxation system into an EU wide tax code
4 Complete subservience of the UK judicial system to the EU Court of Justice
5 Oversight of the UK budget preparation process and submission to Parliament along with EU rights to reject or amend same without any right of appeal
6 Ultimate control of the NHS and other welfare facilities by the EU
7 Loss of control of the UK's armed forces in favour of the EU
8. Complete oversight of UK foreign policy by the EU with mandatory directives from the EU to alter course where it saw fit.
9 Change over from driving on the left to the right
10. Abandonment of gasolene and diesel powered vehicles a la Norway in favour of electric and pedal powered vehicles.

Sounds funny .......... I really do not think so. Perhaps there was a lot of other good reasons to vote to get off the bus other than wanting to take control of the borders.

jh