Re: [OM] IMG: How can you get a dirty sensor with a camera that does not

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: How can you get a dirty sensor with a camera that does not have interchangeable lenses?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 20:52:19 +0800
I have seen the same problem on my Fuji F11 and my sons' F30 and Canon S95.
The dirt is more obvious when the lens stopped down. Dust could be attracted
inside the camera during power on/off when the lens extend and contract.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Wajsman" <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I noticed a while ago that images taken with my Panasonic LX 100 have a
smudge in the upper right part of the image:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Db2WtZM/A

Since the camera does not have interchangeable lenses, I did not expect
dirt on the sensor, but that is apparently what it is—I see nothing on the
front element of the lens. And of course since I cannot take the lens off,
I cannot clean the sensor either. So I guess I am reduced to either
cropping away the offending part of the image, or using the tools in LR to
get rid of the smudge.

Still, very annoying. Have others experienced something similar with this
type of camera?

Cheers,
Nathan