[OM] OT: Possible Weather Alert

Subject: [OM] OT: Possible Weather Alert
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:37:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been keeping aware of various aspects of climate change for many
years now, conscious of the prediction that the southwest will be the first
area to feel the aspects of higher temperatures and lower precipitation.

     A scenario has been developing in the GFS (Global Forecasting System) that
gives reason for concern.  A broad band of high pressure, very likely related
to the Hadley Cell downflow, is developing from at least west of Baja, through
the Gulf of Mexico, then north of the Bahamas.  By next Thursday a strong high
pressure cell will develop over northern Mexico, then mover northward and
elongate over the weekend, covering Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado.  It may
possibly enlarge further, stretching from southern California to Illinois.

     Until today, this strong high pressure area was outside the 7-day window
of confidence, but now it has moved inside that window.  High pressure equates
directly to high daytime temperatures, and the pressure forecast for this
scenario is quite high.  And the air will be dry, so there will be no moisture
to mitigate the temperature.

     I'm hoping that I will be wrong about this.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson